Register for this course
- Course name IMDG Training Course
- Training objective Acquiring general knowledge about shipments of “packed dangerous cargo” and the use/structure of the IMDG Code - including classification, packing, securing, segregation, documentation, marking, labelling, stowage, risks and EMY management - being able to “audit” a dangerous cargo shipment
- Prerequisites Familiar with the English language, both spoken and written
- Duration 2 days
- Trainers Rob Van Uffelen and Walter Vervloesem
- Course format PowerPoint – DVD/video – practical training – workshops – mock scenarios
- Course language English
- Supporting information Pre-course information and course syllabus
Some experience with shipping & containers (work or studies)
one month before the training course, and after registration/payment, candidates will receive a training package by e-mail allowing them to prepare for the training course
- Max. number of delegates 15
- Target group/delegate profile Surveyors & maritime consultants, shipping companies and DPA’s, shippers, booking agents, consolidators, …
- Venue Trainings take place at fixed locations worldwide (public trainings - fixed cost/person) or can be organized in-house at the company‘s premises
Public training : 1200 EUR/person (excl. VAT)
How to obtain a 20 % discount :
Book multiple participants of the same company for the same course organized at the same date.
From the second participant on we deduct 20 %.
Unless otherwise mentioned on the (pro-forma) invoice, the full amount of the (pro-forma) invoice is payable prior to the course’s start date.
In-house training : organised at lump-sum cost in function of number of candidates and location of the training. For details please contact us on email@example.com.
- KMO Portefeuille / SME e-wallet (only for companies in the Flemish region) certification is pending
- Certification An IMCS Training Academy certificate + a certificate of Continuous Professional Development of the Nautical Institute will be issued at the end of the course
- Registration Please fill out the registration form or send an email with the participant’s name, company details, email address and mobile phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- history, legal issues, definitions, classification, consignment procedures
- how and why was the IMDG Code developed
- how is the IMDG Code internationally embedded in legal structures and how can/should it be locally
- definitions and terms used (chapter 1 of the IMDG Code)
- how to classify dangerous goods (chapter 2 of the IMDG Code)
- correct classification, documentation, marking and labelling (based on chapter 3 of the dangerous goods list and chapter 5 of the consignment procedures)
- different types of packing (chapter 4 & 6 of the IMDG Code – e.g. inner and outer packing, jerry cans, drums, IBC’s, tank containers)
- segregation of IMDG cargo (chapter 3 & 7 of the IMDG Code) – practical exercise
- actual bookings – workshop and integrated exercise
- evening function : container terminal visit & practical exercise, followed by dinner sponsored by the IMCS Training Academy
- segregation between containers, trailers, …
- stowage of containers (based on the IMDG Code and Doc of Compliance)
- covering different types of ships (container, general cargo, ferry, Ro-Ro)
- special permits, exemptions
- securing of cargo in containers, on board of ships (in holds & on deck)
- dealing with incidents, risk assessment & EMY management on board of ships and ashore
- exercises – tests
- training debriefing and closing course.