Register for this course
"Ultrasound Marine Power User Training by SDT-IMCS"
Shipboard Asset Health Management through condition monitoring with Ultrasound
- Training objective Since 2001, the SDT-IMCS training team has become well known in the marine industry through its Ultrasound Hatch Cover Testing training course. Being convinced that ultrasound condition monitoring can make a difference and support the business model of trading goods by sea, SDT and IMCS developed the "SDT-IMCS Ultrasound Marine Power User Training" course. With this very practical and interactive training course, Haris Trobradovic (SDT International) and Walter Vervloesem (FNI) (IMCS Training Academy) will teach you how to Navigate the Waves of Reliability through ultrasound based condition monitoring of shipboard equipment. Physical training with cutting edge equipment (SDT 340) will enhance the ConMon familiarisation process and allow you to capture, trend and analize data. Furthermore, you will learn more about the versatility of ultrasound, how to use different monitoring techniques and set up tailor made ultrasound based condition monitoring strategies.
- Prerequisites Familiar with the English language
2 days of classroom training (theoretical and pratical)
1/2 day training on board (optional)
Haris Trobradovic (Area Sales & Training Manager SDT International)
Walter Vervloesem (FNI) (Director IMCS Training Academy)
- Course format Power Point - Workshops - Practical training on SDT 340 - On-board training
- Course language English
Ultrasound Marine Power User handbook
Prior to the training, delegates will receive a link to download the course syllabus
What do participants have to bring themselves
Participants need to bring their own laptop.
For the practical exercises on board (optional) a helmet, overall and safety shoes are required.
- Pre-course training Knowledge on ultrasound and condition monitoring is a plus, but not a requirement
- Max. number of delegates 15
- Target group/delegates' profiles Inspectors, surveyors, superintendents, service engineers, shipyard personnel, ship’s staff
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul – Tuzla
Evliya Çelebi Mah, Mustafa Kemal Cd. No:5,
Classroom training (theoretical and practical) on 08+09/11/2023 :
1150 EUR/person (excl. VAT)
Training on board (1/2 day - optional) on 10/11/2023 :
350 EUR/person (excl. VAT)
Unless otherwise mentioned on the (pro-forma) invoice, the full amount of the (pro-forma) invoice is payable prior to the course’s start date.
All local bank charges are for delegate’s account.
In-house training : organised at lump-sum cost in function of number of candidates and location of the training. For details please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Certification An IMCS Training Academy certificate + an SDT Ultrasound Marine Power User certificate issued by SDT International + a certificate of Continuous Professional Development of the Nautical Institute, will be delivered to the candidates at the end of the course.
Please fill out the registration form or send an email with the participant’s name, company details, email address and mobile phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrations are made on a first entered (and paid), first booked basis.
- Ultrasound & Quality Ships
- The importance of secondary machinery & equipment
- Ultrasound versatility
- Marine users
- Fundamental principles of sound, theory of sound and sound behavior
- Ultrasound in Condition Monitoring & Inspection
- Ultrasound applications : leak detection
- Ultrasound applications : checking & testing valves
- Ultrasound applications : electrical inspections
- Ultrasound applications : hydraulic systems
- Ultrasound applications : steam traps
- Ultrasound applications : rotating machinery monitoring
- Ultrasound applications : condition based lubrication
- Ultrasound applications : tightness testing
- Operating software and instruments, classroom practical session
- Practical work, field work session
- Defining your ultrasound strategy "think big, start small“
- Implementing ultrasound strategy on board & back to quality shipping
- Conclusion & recap
- Optional exams
- Practical exercises on board (helmet, overall and safety shoes required)